Hawks Nest Wines of NZ

Sunday, August 19, 2007

WHO SELLS MORE HAWKS NEST IN NASHVILLE???


Who sells more Hawks Nest Orchard Block Red wine in Nashville than anyone else?

That is a good question and the answer is this guy.

Ed Fryer of The Wine Shoppe in Green Hills has been our biggest supporter of Hawks Nest wines since we had our first tasting event in East Nashville in December of 2005 at the old Chapel Bistro. I wanted to give Ed a big public thank you for carrying our wine, sharing it with others, and guiding us in the successful Nashville area marketing of our Orchard Block Red wine. I estimate that his store has sold 50% of both our 04 and our o5 vintages these last two years. (his staff say he has a fragile ego so I want to really properly praise him in this blog.)

True, he is not much to look at but he sure knows his wines and gives excellent customer service. I know this to be true as I have just spent 9 hours or so over the last two weekends at his store just “hanging out signing bottles and kissing babies"(as he put it in his newsletter) but really all those hours I was also watching him and his team work hard greeting and advising customers on a wide range of wines. If I could have run my medical office with such fun and enthusiasm and with such satisfied clients I might still be working at doing those pap smears and such!!!!!!!


Anyway, thanks Ed and you crew for letting me come in so often to meet and greet so many of your nice customers. Your store sure is cluttered and I never cease to be amazed when Josh or the rest of you team immediately pulls out some obscure requested bottle from under a pile of boxes or mixed other bottles-I can't quite work out your inventory system but your team sure understands it and that is what matters. I even enjoyed carrying out a few cases of wine to customer cars for you guys especially in the 104 temperatures of the last two Friday and Saturdays!!!


SERIOUSLY, THANKS A BUNCH ED, YOUR ADVICE AND ASSISTANCE HAVE BEEN MUCH APPRECIATEDJJJJJ


Dr JIm

More soon!!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home