Hawks Nest Wines of NZ

Friday, July 14, 2006

Hawks Nest Wines of NZ: Hawks Nest Wines of NZ



Hawks Nest Wines of NZ: Hawks Nest Wines of NZ

Well, it has been a long dry spell for my blog posting. We have been busy with our grandchildren and trust me that is full time work!!!! I had a very exciting day today in my life as a wine seller. I got the honor to give a presentation and tasting of our lovely Hawks Nest Orchard Block Red wine to the staff associates at Lipman Brothers here in Nashville. Lipmans is our importer as well as wholesaler for our wine and hold staff meetings each Friday. Their reps are VERY sharp wine people who really know their wines and the business of wines. Here are two shots from today's meeting. As you can see they have a big enthusiastic group of staff experts. They are mostly smiling. Why not??? (what a job; drink wine free each week, taste the best wine in the world, hang out at the best wine bars and dining spots in the region all while getting paid to do that!!!! ) Heck, if I had any sort of a palate at all I might apply for a job for Robert Lipman myself--they could be the first wine wholesaler with a gynecologist on staff.
(it is a tough job there at Lipman Brothers to get as you do have to know your wines!!!)

Anyway, I got to talk a bit about NZ and our vision for Hawks Nest Orchard Block Red and they all got to taste our wine. It was great fun and now when they call on their retail accounts they can speak with more authority about NZ, it's wines, and most importantly about our lovely Hawks Nest Orchard Block Red.

I also got to ride out for a dayto some wine stores with Amy and Leslie who are two of Lipman's top wine reps on their retail calls. That was really neat and a real educational experience for me. I think I will talk about that day in my next blog- so log on again soon to hear that tale.

More soon from

Dr Jim who is not now downunder.

News Flash!!!!! Grand Cru liquors on Murphy Road just off West End Ave. in west Nashville is hosting a FREE (yes I said free) wine tasting next Sat, July 22 from 3 to 4:30. I will be there to talk about NZ, it's wine, and to pour some samples of our Orchard Block Red wine- along with some other wines as well. Do try to come and alert your wine imbibing friends, relatives, and neighbors. Hope to see you then.

You can't beat the price!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home