Hawks Nest Wines of NZ

Monday, July 17, 2006

Hawks Nest Wines of NZ: Hawks Nest Wines of NZ


Hawks Nest Wines of NZ: Hawks Nest Wines of NZ

Well we are excited to have 6 different winetasting events set up here in Tennessee between now and when we go back to NZ mid Sept. These events should lead to a sell out for our 04 Hawks Nest Orchard Block Red wine. As I said in my last post, I got to visit several retail wine shops this last week in Nashville by riding along with the Lipman reps who call on them. It was a lot of fun and I met some very nice wine clerks. They way it works is that as a Tennessee licensed rep for Hawks Nest Vineyards I can take in a sample of our wine to let the staff taste it so they can become knowledgeable about the wine. I am not allowed to leave a bottle or to let any customers sample the wine. All to staff that I met were very interested in tasting a NZ red blend as no other such NZ wine is sold here. Anyway, we got favorable comments from all and several of the stores are ordering some of our wine. At each place I offered to participate in a tasting event for their customers. Amazingly we got agreements from the first three stores to set up tasting events over the next two months. The Lipmans rep said that was very rare to get such opportunities. I am sure it is because of the unique idea of a Nashville gynecologist having wine from NZ for sale here. That seems to make a nice selling point-the unusual story of our vineyard and winery development. Anyway, even the little ole ladies in the stores liked our bottle and love the wine. For proof, here is a shot of one of those ladies (my mother in law-Shirley)- who is 80ish and holding one of our bottles which she took back to her assisted living apartment. She knows that a little red wine is good for her health and she likes her son-in-law (me!) so she bought a bottle--for medicinal purposes only of course!!!!! More Soon; Dr Jim

1 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home